The transportation department is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of students and district employees. Our bus drivers follow all state regulations regarding school bus operation and traffic laws. You can rest easy knowing that your child’s safety is our top priority.
We will update bus routes periodically during the school year. If you do not see your child's stop on the route posted here, please contact your school office or call us at (520) 366.6204 x 113.
Riding the bus is a privilege that we take seriously at our schools. For more guidelines, please review the “School Bus Safety” section of our student handbook.
- Students should arrive early to bus stops. Leave home in time to arrive at the pickup point five minutes before the scheduled bus stop time. Drivers cannot wait for late students.
- It is not safe for a student to run to a school bus or knock on the school bus door after it has closed.
- The “danger zone” is the area on all sides of the bus where children are in the most danger of being hit either by another vehicle or the school bus. The danger zones may extend as much as 30 feet from the front bumper with the first 10 feet being the most dangerous: 10 feet from the left and right sides of the bus, and 10 feet behind the rear bumper of the school bus.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to get on board.
- Line up in single file without pushing or crowding to board the bus.
- Never run on the bus. The steps or floor may be slippery, especially in wintertime. Place your foot squarely on the step, not on the edge, and use the handrail.
- Students should only exit the bus at their own stop.
14 days ago
By Denny Kelleher